Monday, March 25, 2013

It's Not Easy Being Green (If You Are A Weed)

Hello, dear blog readers! Ten days and counting until we load the moving truck. After running errands all morning and getting some furniture out of the house, I decided I would brave the cold winds and go outside to pull some weeds. There is something about working deliberately outside that I find completely calming, even though my cheeks are raw and my fingers are dry. I know this is going to sound like a rather odd thing to say, but some of the greenest, most vibrant plants in the yard are the weeds. I worked on pulling several of them since we are moving away, but I have to say now there are brown spots where the green had been.

And then, there continue to be the spring blossoms burgeoning on the trees, and the day lillies (which I thought had perhaps keeled off due to moldy roots from all the moisture) have come back to visit us this year! Now THAT is a vibrant green I can love without having the hate relationship.

Happy Monday to you all, blog readers! May you find some spots of blossoms and green in your lives and yards today.

 The Green Weeds
The day lillies have returned!

No comments:

Post a Comment