Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Packing Day #2

Hello, dear blog readers. Today was very eventful, and productive. I managed to sell several things (hooray for funds for me and reused items for a good home!). I also had family friends over to help pack several of our kitchen items and book, two of the things we have a hard time living without.

I was feeling a little overwhelmed until I began cleaning lighting fixtures and windows. My VERY first thought was to wonder why I hadn't participated in this MONTHS ago. I should clean more regularly. When I don't have to, I can't seem to work up the motivation. When we're moving (and I don't want to clean), then I seem to have all SORTS of energy for cleaning.

Until about the time that one of the light bulbs broke apart and corroded into the socket, that is. Lovely. This was a bulb that was here before our time, so I'm not sure if it has water damage to the electric circuit or not. I DO know one thing: I'm not going to try to find out. I do believe I'll call in the experts on this one.

Since I'm up late packing and thinking, and since I can't seem to turn my mind off, I happily wandered outdoors to smell some fresh (cold!!!) air and to look at the almost-full moon. (Or perhaps it IS full and I just don't know it.) I love nights like this and am going to cherish the next eight nights of it while I still can. Currently, it is COMPLETELY quiet, save the road noise about a mile away. (Yes, on a perfectly clear night, it DOES carry that far.) Not even the bugs or critters are making noise. The moonlight is so bright that I can see the tree line in the far distance.

What might a gal do on a night like this, you might ask? Well, it's pretty simple. Time for a clandestine meeting with a free sample of an organic dark chocolate candy bar under the complete stillness and moonlight. What more could a girl ask after a day like today?

Happy Tuesday, dear blog readers!

 I tried to capture the aura around the moon because it was SOOOOO cool. Alas, this photo does not do it enough justice.
For those of you wondering about my ability with my camera: the previous photo was the first one I took of the moon, and it was by sheer dumb luck that I managed to capture the aura. This was my last attempt. (Yes, it actually got WORSE as I went along.) For any photography know-it-all types, I would be more than happy to receive suggestions about how to set my camera settings for night-time photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment