Sunday, June 30, 2013

Goodies

Hello, dear blog readers! Fruit season continues to keep us busy these days. We've been picking raspberries and happily freezing them about every 48 hours it seems. This weekend while I was picking early one morning, I even had the privilege of surprising a 6-point buck with the velvet still on his antlers--something I haven't seen in a number of years. Since we live in a rather wooded metropolitan area, we see deer pretty regularly,  just not the males. He eyed me, I pretended not to see him. He ate his grass with a wary eye and I went about picking the berries.

I don't bake much these days since it gets hot in the apartment, but I couldn't resist making raspberry muffins. The baby loved them. (I think Lem secretly liked them, but was contrary just for the sake of argument as most toddlers are want to do at his age.)

In other news, dear blog readers, I have a job interview tomorrow. I have to admit that I am actually *nervous* about this one. It was for a position I hadn't even applied for, but somehow the nurse recruiter passed it onto this hospital. They want a nurse for full-time nights. That would be a real challenge with our two little kids, so I'm hoping that is negotiable.

Here's hoping you had a blessed, relaxing, and enjoyable weekend, dear blog readers!

These were terrible. We couldn't eat any of them. Ha, I say! There is nothing quite like a warm home-baked breakfast. I used almond flavoring instead of vanilla, and it gave a very nice taste to the muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment