Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Yummy Yummy Goodness

Hello, dear blog readers!
I had LOTS of help with preparing our farmer's market produce. I have never made beet greens before. (I tried collard greens years ago without a recipe, and as you can imagine, disaster ensued.) Due to the poor lighting from the fluorescent lights in my kitchen, most of my photos didn't turn out well, but even Lemmy was excited to "help" with mise en place.
 Here is a link to the recipe we used. http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/beet_greens/

Another dish we tried with the green onions and some organic broccoli we picked up was a vegetarian pad thai. (The recipe was from the Engine 2 Diet cookbook. The website doesn't have the recipe listed, but they have some other great dishes on this link: Engine 2 Diet.)

I inadvertently bough the wrong noodles. When I tried to cook the vermicelli noodles the same way that the directions called for soba noodles, I was fairly convinced that I was about to have another "flop" on my hands. However, after some extra soaking in hot water and further stovetop cooking, the dish turned out surprisingly well. Oh, that I should be so lucky as to have the rest of my dishes turn out ok!

Happy Tuesday to you all, dear blog readers!

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried any "greens" recipes. I eat all kinds of veggies but never had greens. Looks great and so healthy. Paul of course would have to have meat with his....haha

    ReplyDelete