Monday, July 15, 2013

Disappearing Act

Hello, dear blog readers! Where have we been, you might ask? Well, as our history of "interesting things encountered while renting our living space" continues, we have had an unsavory and aggressive insect infestation. Our days have been filled cleaning every day with gallons of rubbing alcohol, boxes of garbage bags being put to use, laundry, more laundry, and MORE laundry. At least now I can rule out that I was suffering from some sort of unknown food allergy and perhaps I can cut back on the Benadryl.

I have to say that as Americans, we're not used to this sort of thing. I can say that there is a bright side. 1) As far as we know, bed bugs don't carry disease (yet--that we know of). 2) My kids are happy and very healthy. 3) Hubby has a GREAT job. It helps to keep these things in perspective. While this event in our lives have included the largest hassle factor, we don't have health scares and financial stress on top of it.

In other news, I managed (before and between these events) to get about 22-24 pints of raspberries frozen, not including what we've eaten or given away. Hooray for summer fruit!

Happy Monday, dear blog readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment