Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Holding Pattern

Hello, dear blog readers! I find myself in the strange position of wondering what to do with ourselves for the rest of the afternoon. I currently have some belongings "cooking" in sealed bags in the car so as to kill off any unwanted house guests. Another hour or two ought to do it.

The kids are amazing with the house being turned upside-down. They have been playing with kitchen bowls and empty boxes destined for the recycling bin. They have been doing a great job of making their own fun. The dryer has been fixed and is running again.

Having vacuumed and "dusted" the place with diatomaceous earth, I'm thinking getting out of the house with a picnic dinner is looking like a good idea. I found some delicious hummus from The Fresh Hummus Co. We particularly like their roasted red pepper variety. We also went to Potomac Vegetable Farms the other day. I have to admit that while I'm willing to pay a higher price for great fresh produce, sometimes it's hard to know where to start and where to stop when the cash is finite. We came away with some amazing cherry tomatoes (some of the best tomatoes I've tasted in YEARS) that will go really well with hummus and a picnic dinner!

To anyone looking for a great CSA, they do that too.

Potomac Vegetable Farms

Happy Wednesday, dear blog readers, whatever life may be throwing at you at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment