Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kitchen "Helpfuls"

Hello, dear blog readers! Today I managed to make a loaf of bread--in spite of the best efforts of toddler sabotage. Of course, in HIS mind, Lem was being EXTREMELY helpful. After I made the first batch, I went to check on Blossom as she was supposed to be napping. I returned to find Lem adding about a half of a bottle of olive oil and some soy sauce to the bread machine. Miraculously, he managed to get it all inside of the bread basin and not into the guts of the machine itself. I have to admit I felt a little bit like an octopus trying to a) add the ingredients one at a time and b) keeping Lem from either tasting said ingredients or adding superfluous odds and ends. It took three tries before I had the right amount of ingredients.

At the end of the morning, we had a fine loaf of bread!


"Smelling" the ingredients prior to mixing


No comments:

Post a Comment