Friday, May 3, 2013

The Art of Organizing (And It IS an Art!)

Hello, dear blog readers! As we're settling glacially but steadily into our apartment, I have been researching some organization techniques to maximize our space while not looking like a tornado has struck. The reality is that while I have made some great progress in the closets, the kids have been VERY busy in the living room. I guess that since hubby has to work late tonight, I'll be picking up toys and household objects!

In other organizing news, I've been looking for blogs/articles and ideas in general. I think it's fairly safe to say that I am NOT naturally organized. For me, it's definitely a skill I need to build.

I was recently at a dentist appointment, and while I was in the waiting room, I came across this magazine article in Woman's Day. I can appreciate that the authoress is also a renter (I believe), and I LOVE this idea for a desk in small spaces! It's so classy-looking!

http://www.womansday.com/home/organizing/home-armoire#slide-1

Here is currently how our organization process is going. I aspire to eventually look like someone on the Woman's Day blogs. This is what my living room looks like now:


Hey, I can dream, right? If anyone has any suggestions of organizing-related blogs or books, I would be happy to hear/read some tips! Happy Friday to you all, dear blog readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment