Thursday, May 16, 2013

Some Days You Gotta....

Hello, dear blog readers. Today was one of those days. I started out having the dishes done. Most of the toys were picked up. By the end of the day, there are dishes everywhere. Toys everywhere. Clutter. Everywhere.

At times as a mom, I have to admit I get discouraged at the never-ending cycle of cleaning and picking up. I know that having toddlers means that when you clean one room, the rest of the house will look like a tornado has visited other areas. The cost-benefit analysis sometimes seems to indicate that it might work better to not clean at all for another day or two if it makes the living room a little more presentable.

And then I was reminded that parenting isn't about me, it's about them. Some days after standing a lot, cleaning, or attempting to organize, it's tempting to collapse on the couch and put those dishes and toys off until tomorrow. (Which, since I'm in full-disclosure mode now, I'm only too happy to do in order to blog before going to bed.) I gave up some of that cleaning time today since Blossom must be getting more teeth and spent a good part of the afternoon fussing. When she wasn't, Lem picked up the fussy baton and ran with it. And there was frequent disciplining and trips to their room all around.

At the end of the day, my house is far from spotless. I'd love to hire a personal organizer right about now to help me figure out where to unpack those last six boxes that are floating around. But, at the end of the day, my kids are fed, and have been loved and hugged through their tears and tantrums, and didn't manage to exterminate themselves.

Some days ya gotta cut yourself some slack.

Good night, dear blog readers, and Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment