Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sharing

Hello, dear blog readers! Not much new to report here, so I thought I'd share some thoughts/quotes for the week.

I LOVE rain. It's pouring rain. While I can't very well take out more empty boxes to the recycling bin, I'm thrilled that it's raining.

From Lem: "Oh, WOWWWWW! Look at the red crab!" I informed him he was looking at a cardinal in the yard. After a pause, "Oh WOWWWW! Look at the red chicken!"'

Since it has been overcast and/or rainy for the last two days, I made a vegan thai red chili recipe that two friends made for me and/or gave me the recipe after Blossom was born. (You know who you are!! Thank you!) This is a surprisingly filling recipe that is FULL of great healthiness. The rest of the blog is fun to see too if you're looking at making any dietary changes for the better. Refer to the link before for the recipe. I'd love to have taken some great photos of said chili, but my cilantro from my potted garden was...well, let's just say it's starting to look a bit anemic.

Post Punk Kitchen

Lastly, I thought I'd share that I started reading Start. by Jon Acuff. I don't usually read self-motivation books, but since I've been reading other books lately on parenting/leadership, I thought I'd give it a try since I heard about it on the radio. I have to say: I tend to read at a glacial pace due to the kids and the slow, SLOW process of settling in/getting organized, so I haven't made it past the first chapter yet. That said, this guy is FUNNY! I'm looking forward to what the rest of the book has to offer.

The Start Book

Happy Tuesday, dear blog readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment