Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Arrival!

Hello, dear blog readers! Thank you to all of you who have hung in there waiting for word as to whether or not we survived the move from North Carolina to Virginia. In a nutshell, we did. We were very fortunate to have had WONDERFUL folks on both ends of the journey to help us pack, to watch the kids while I packed/cleaned, to drive our car up for us so that we wouldn't have to pay to transport it, and to help us unload the truck when we got here.

The kids (of course) are sick with colds and Blossom is teething with molars. So there's that.

My favorite part of the journey were the Monologues by Lem in the back seat. For example, at one point while I was keenly focused on traffic patterns, I noticed the Diaper Monologues. (Insert "y" for the actual letter "l." We're still working on that one.)

"I yike diapers. Yeah. And um.....Diapers are nice. I don't know. And um....I yike wipes too. Wipes are nice. And um.....Blossom yikes diapers. Yeah. And um....I'll take twooooooo hushpuppies pwease, and two cheeseburgers."

He keeps me on my toes, that one.

I have to say we picked a perfect time to move here. The blossoms are officially out in full bloom, and the weather has been balmy. There is a cherry tree right outside of our living room/kids' bedroom window, and the smell is amazing. The entire apartment complex smells of spring blossoms right now. It. Is. Heavenly!! The tree looks as though some butcher came by and decapitated it (it may have been broken by weight of snow in a storm or some such thing), but I can tell you that regardless of appearances, I'm very happy to see some green (and pick right now) in such close proximity.

 I couldn't post without including pictures of some sort or another. These were taken of the cherry trees right outside of our apartment complex after a snow storm hit the Pacific Northwest right before Blossom was born. Several of the trees were damaged, but I couldn't resist trying to capture the effect of snow on trees. There is almost something philosophical about the sometimes stormy transition of one season to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment