Thursday, April 18, 2013

Uses for Lemons

Hello, dear blog readers! In the last couple of days, I have re-implemented the use of lemons around the household. Here are some great uses if you have never tried these before:

1) Cleaning the kitchen sink and throwing the rind down the garbage disposal. (In our case, when we moved in, the garbage disposal smelled like wet dog, so lemon rind is a VAST improvement!)

2) Making fruit sweeter. If you squeeze lemon juice onto apple slices (or other such snack fruits), it actually will make the fruit taste sweeter.

3) Enhancing your water. I personally have had a difficult time drinking tap water. I read an article on adding fruits and herbs (i.e. mint) into water to make it more palatable, and I have had much more fun drinking water!

A repurposed Classico Pasta jar and a dish from a yard sale. The lighting in my kitchen is not great (florescent lighting with no natural light), so I am certainly open to suggestions from all of you photography buffs out there!
 This particular jar contains filtered water, cucumber slices, lemon wedges, strawberries, and fresh mint.

A certain two-year-old sneaking the lemon off of the plate. He is by FAR the biggest lemon-lover of the household.
It got put back on the plate for photos before a certain Lemmy could gnaw the end off of the rind, which he was all too happy to do after I finished practicing my camera shots.

Happy Wednesday to you all, dear blog readers! I hope you all have had a chance to get out and enjoy some spring weather. I'm going to sign off and drink some (more) lemon-infused water.

No comments:

Post a Comment