Thursday, April 11, 2013

Checking Out Spring

Hello, dear blog readers! Today was just one of those days. It was too beautiful to stay indoors, and as such, I managed to get all of two boxes unpacked. (This is better than none, but still leaves the apartment in chaos!) We spent a fine morning at the play park enjoying some sunshine.

I allowed Lemmy to come out with me onto the balcony to photograph the tree outside of our windows. I am also looking for suggestions as to what to grow for western-facing balconies. Any suggestions? I thought I might start with herbs since historically I have had a bad case of bugs that ate every plant in sight. Of course, that was in California and this is Virginia, but insects seem to like to get the best of me when possible.



 "Miming" from the inside looking out.
Trying to figure out just what exactly he can do with the few terra cotta pots I actually do have on hand.
 And no, he did NOT receive this bruise from anyone in the family. This was from knocking his head on his crib.

Welcome to our gardening "canvas!" I will definitely have to put a couple of plants out here to liven up the place. I'm torn between trying to grow some vegetables for function vs. plants for scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment