Monday, April 22, 2013

Whoa, HELLO!

Hi, dear blog readers! This may or may not be a topic of interest, but I bring it up in light of something that took me off guard yesterday.

In exiting a public restroom stall, I was shocked to see a boy of about 10-11 years of age waiting his turn in line. I'd like to add: this is a women's restroom.

This is not the first time this has happened recently, either. The last time I went to IKEA, I encountered a young man in the 12-14 years of age (gauging by his size and...well, shall we say "maturity" level) with his mother. I was wondering why someone might invite their male child into the restroom of the opposite gender, and while I can understand not wanting your child to venture into a public bathroom where something bad might happen to them on a slim chance, at some point a line should probably be drawn and parents should just stand outside the door and let their kids go it alone. I don't know what that age should be, but if your child is snickering outside your stall, I daresay it's time, if for no other reason than to save some embarrassment for other pour souls in the loo.

Anyway, dear blog readers, I hope you are all having a lovely Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment