Sunday, April 21, 2013

Gardening Adventures

Hello, dear blog readers! This past week I managed here and there to get most of our plants put into larger pots. I have to say I love gardening on a small scale after having a large yard to tend. It helps also that everything outside is a radiant green as the leaves are now coming out in full force.

 The blossoms as they were starting to show from across the parking lot
 It was perhaps a little to challenging for me to try to take pictures as the sun was going down, but I had to try to catch these blooms.
I found this enamel dish in some boxes I'd forgotten I had. It works great for containing dirt! Note to self: Make sure that when you plant your stuff next year, having "dirt containment" keeps you from accidentally dropping dirt between the cracks onto your neighbors below.
 Ok. I just have to say that as of today, this is probably the best that this basil is going to look. When I went out to do some watering today, about 80% of the leaves were almost completely limp. I watered as if I knew nothing was wrong and am hoping that they will improve overnight. Otherwise, it's back to buying basil at the store for me until I can get a new plant. Everything else wasn't wilted, so I am not entirely sure it was a lack-of-watering problem, although that (most often) is the case when I get busy and forget.
I don't know about you, dear blog readers, but every time I see these plants, I get the subliminal itch to go open a bottle of merlot or sangiovese. Or anything red, for that matter.
Happy spring to you all, dear blog readers, and to all a good night!

1 comment:

  1. It is really interesting to spend your time improving and developing your garden for a better outdoor space entertainment and I think you, you can now start going to the next level by adding patio or a shed.

    Boomfield Xeriscape

    ReplyDelete